Brite People. Brite Solutions.
The Network Engineer will be primarily engaged in designing and implementing IT network solutions based on best practices. The engineer will be required to install and configure the hardware and software to effectively integrate the network with the customer’s environment including servers, storage, and other networking devices. The engineer will demonstrate and transfer knowledge regarding the setup and operation of the specific solution being delivered directly with the customer. The engineer will also provide the customer with written documentation including configurations, procedures, and diagrams of the solution.
- Design, configure and test network solutions.
- Install, configure, monitor, test and maintain firewalls and network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot networking issues, routing, speed and QoS issues.
- Provide input and evaluate new technology.
- Configures and supports customers’ servers.
- Configure and support Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.
- Resolves escalated issues/assigned tasks from NOC level 1 & 2 & STC’s.
- Specifies system requirements and designs solutions.
- Provide cost estimates based on initial discovery efforts and design input.
- Delivery of network assessments and other consulting engagements as needed.
- Performs customer on-site visits to troubleshoot/repair networking equipment.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Assists in on-call after hours phone rotation.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field or 5+ years’ experience in related field.
- A+, Security+, Checkpoint CCSA, Network+, MCSE certifications preferred.
- Cisco certifications including CCNA, CCNE, CCDA are a plus.
- Palo Alto certification including PCNSA required, PSNSE preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with advanced networking techniques is required.
- Experience directly with Cisco and/or HP networking equipment is desired.
- Experience with sonic wall, firewalls, Ubiqiti networking equipment.
- Experience with networking including IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANS, Port Aggregation, DNS, DHCP, RDP, LDAP, Palo Alto and Cisco is required.
- Experience with virtualization techniques including VMware and Hyper-V.
- Ability to support and troubleshoot server-based software issues with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016, Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Azure AD, on premise Microsoft Exchange 2010, Microsoft Office 365 and hosted Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft SQL 2008, and 2012 server, Microsoft Hyper -V and VMWare, Microsoft PowerShell, major anti-virus solutions, and enterprise class backup solutions.
- Knowledge of Linux server environments.
- Experience with DUO.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting and resolving workstation-based software issues with Microsoft Windows 10 and 11, Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016, Microsoft Online Services, including Office 365, and domain and workgroup environments.
- Ability to travel the Northeastern US as needed.
Candidate must have excellent listening skills, be organized, be able to meet demanding deadlines, be detail oriented, have excellent problem-solving skills, always take responsibility, have a great attitude, demonstrate personal integrity & honesty, maintain independence, be a self-starter and have excellent project management skills.
Brite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If interested please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com